Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Maowwige.


My girlfriend, now fiance, are legally binding our lives together in a couple of weeks.

Her friends equate our initial getting together as her finding a perfectly good couch discarded on the side of the road. I didn't match the decor of my previous residence, but I fit right in here. I won't speak for her, but I'm healthier and happier than Ive ever been at any point in my life. She understands me in ways I don't even understand myself at times. You find a gal like that, you don't let'em go. First of all, she knows too much and is a liability at this point, but mostly, we make a really good team.

We were planning on just going to the courthouse and that was that, but then her work people wanted to give her a party. Also my friends don't get together enough so we're doing a dinner with a few of them on a different night. I think our families are each doing something too. So we have at least four small get togethers in the next month or so.

We never really thought about registering anywhere as we've been in the same apt for almost three years and aren't planning to go anywhere. Still, folks have been asking what to get us, so went to Target and made a registry of items we could use and then added few fun and silly things. Then we came home and went on Amazon and made a list of mostly fun things. There's a few items on there we could really use though.

Seeing as how I have a lot more friends and fans (the best kind of friends) out there on the web, I figured I'd post links to those registries if anyone was inclined to send us a gift.

TARGET Registry

AMAZON Registry

I don't expect any of you to actually get us anything, but you all have been very encouraging and supportive in the past. The most I'll ever ask is that continue that encouragement and support.

That said, since Im a cartoonist, you know you'll get an awesome hand made thank you card. ;)



No comments: